Saturday, July 16, 2011

CASE from Mary Fish

Don't know if you've ever checked out Mary Fish's blog, but she's a fabulous stamper. I love the clean lines and pops of color she employs in her stamping. So today is a CASE from her lovely, serene card here. If you check her card, you'll see exactly what I mean. Now, I love the blues she used, but I was in a more hot frame of mind so I made a few changes. Here's what I came up with using her idea...


Stamps: Flower Fest and Happy Greetings
Cardstock: Whisper White, Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Yellow
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot with Top Note Die, Circle Fire Rhinestone Brad, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals


As you can see, there's not a hint of blue anywhere, just bright, sizzling hot colors. Don't those yellows, oranges, and reds just heat you right up? Whew - it's almost getting steamy in here! With the weather really hot outside, I thought I'd bring it inside to share with you.


I love the shape you get when you make the Top Note diecut, then flip it on it's side and run it through again. Just the right size for layering. The chrysanthemum-style flower was stamped 2 times on Daffodil Delight and once on Tangerine Tango. One of the yellow flowers gets punched out with the scallop circle punch - easy peasy. The other two layers need to be cut out, but that goes quickly and the finished flower is so worth it!


Hope you like my take on Mary's card. It was fun heating it up! Thanks for stopping in. Have a terrific weekend.

Sharon

No comments: