Tuesday, July 12, 2011

In a slump

Yes, I guess that's what I'd call it. A slump, a funk, or maybe even just a dry spell. Seems I've been avoiding my stamping table lately so there's really not much to show anybody at all. What a bummer. Truthfully, I'm missing being with my good friends at the SU! convention this week. Maybe I've been having a pity party lately because of this and I need to get on with it! So, today I actually have a card to share - nothing too special. But I finally did get into the stamps and ink again. Looks like I'll have to work my way back to interesting again! Here's a really simple card...


Stamps: For All You Do, Teeny Tiny Wishes, and retired set Itty Bitty Backgrounds

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Peach Parfait, and Old Olive

Accessories: Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Basic Pearls, and Dimensionals



Like I mentioned before, this card is very simple. I used a 'rock n roll' technique on the butterfly to change things up. There was a bit of sponging added to the sentiment also. And again I dragged out my old standby - Itty Bitty Backgrounds - to add a little interest to the plain background. It just looked too bare and I wasn't sure what else I could use to brighten it up. That's a problem I have when I don't get 'inky' on a regular basis. So here's to stamping and getting creative as often as possible! It really helps keep those creative juices flowing when you find time to just play with the stamps and tools you have. And it's even better when you can get some new 'stuff' to play with!


Hope my friends are all having a fabulous time at convention. I can't wait to hear all you've been seeing and making!! Have fun!

Sharon

No comments: