Monday, August 1, 2011

Soft Elements of Style

Hey, can you believe it? I'm back again today! Think this might be a cause to celebrate. And after the day I've had, I think I need to celebrate that I made it through in one piece! Our grandson is sure giving me a run for my money. Do you have any idea how wiggley a toddler can be when he wants to get out of your arms and run around a bank? For being so small, he sure is strong. And when he's twisting around and pushing away, it's really hard to keep him in my arms. After we got out of the bank, he played outside and really wore me out. After he was picked up I just flopped on the couch and got nothing else done. Hmmm.... Do you think I'm getting too old for this?? Naw, not just yet, but I'm getting close!
Anyway, today I'd like to share one of my favorite stamp sets done in a soft, Victorian style. Or is it a shabby chic kind of style? Or maybe it's a cross between the two styles. Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to go with here.

Stamps: Elements of Style
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Brown (retired), Crumb Cake, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, and Soft Suede pads, and Soft Suede marker
Accessories: Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge quarter, Aqua Painter, Basic Pearls, Color Spritzer Tool, and 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon


I love the look of the Shimmer Paint lightly sponged all over the stamped and colored images. It gives it such a pretty mother-of-pearl look to the card and makes it quite lovely. There were quite a few color layering techniques used on this card. First the stamping and watercoloring. Then the edges were sponged with Crumb Cake to give it a more antique feel. Then came the sponged on Shimmer Paint. Give it a few minutes to dry nicely, then for the final touch. Adding a spritzing of color with the Soft Suede marker. Love the very delicate overall speckling effect you get with the Spritzing Tool. Just the perfect finishing touch for a vintage style card.

For this card I decided not to put any kind of sentiment on the front. This was it can be used for any occasion that comes along.

Thanks for coming by today. Hope you find time to stamp. My evening will be finished up with getting together one more card idea for stamping tomorrow night. I've got the idea in my head already. Hope it actually comes together when I get the stamp, paper, and ink out to make it!
Toodles - Sharon

No comments: