Thursday, April 1, 2010

Are you ready for Easter?

Of course, I'm not ready yet - there's still salads and dessert to make yet. But you'll be happy to note that I actually got my Easter cards mailed yesterday! For me that's a really big woo-h00!! I always get the cards made and then not mailed til the last minute. This time, I'd say I had a minute or two to spare! lol I know, there's just no hope for me at all, is there?

Anyway, I have a silly chick card to share with you today. We made this during the punch class in March. Everyone thought the little chick might have had just a little too much of something, but I think she's just so dog-gone happy it's Easter that's she's got to dance around. I guess you can decide for yourself what's going on here, but it was fun to make and we all had our laughs.


Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Whisper White, So Saffron, Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty in Pink, and Barely Banana with Welcome Neighbor Designer Series Paper Pad (SAB)
Ink: Certainly Celery and Basic Black pads, Regal Rose, Summer Sun, and Basic Black Markers
Accessories: 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Large Oval Punch, Paper Snips, White Gel Pen, Sponge quarters, Distressing Tool, and Dimensionals

I've got to admit, there was quite abit of cutting and trimming to get everything to work out. You can't tell from the picture, but the grass was all snipped down anywhere from 1/2" to 1" so it would be flexible and stand away from the clouds a little. The beak, ears, chick, and sentiment all have line work done with markers to make them more interesting and not so flat looking. And the chick's body was heavily distressed to give her a 'fluffier' look.

Hope this gets you happy about Easter being right around the corner. And if I don't talk to you before then, let me wish you a very blessed Easter as you celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! He is risen! He is risen indeed, hallelujah!!
Sharon

1 comment:

Rhonda Langley said...

This card just "cracked" me up! Cute idea, cute card!