Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oops, I forgot...

I posted earlier, but forgot to show you the last two cards that the ladies at church made last Tuesday. How terribly forgetful of me! Sorry about that. Time to set the record straight then. (before I forget again! lol) Here they are. Tada!
The ladies did a great job making this first card. The main image was colored with markers directly onto the stamp, huffed on it, then stamped. When you do this 24 times, it takes a bit of hot air, and she was getting a little light-headed. Everyone was teasing her. But she stuck it out and got them all stamped. Great job, Sue!!
These colors seemed bright and cheerful to me, so I thought they'd be great to send off to the men and women serving overseas in Iraq and Afghanistan. Then they'll choose these (hopefully) to send back to the states to their family members. Isn't that a terrific way to bring some sunshine into someone else's life??
Stamps: Hello Again
Cardstock: So Saffron, Garden Green, Rose Red, and Whisper White with Rose Red Patterns Designer Paper
Ink: Garden Green and Rose Red markers
Accessories: Big Shot with Beautiful Butterflies Embosslit, White Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, 1" and 1 1/4" Circle Punches
This next card was quick and easy to make. The ladies used a VersaMark Pad which they hadn't seen before. They thought it was cool that the ink is clear so it can be used on any color cardstock. I'll have to let them use it again so they can learn all the wonderful techniques this pad can do! Who knows, they might become totally hooked on this fun craft!!
Stamps: Always and Wellness Wishes
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Bermuda Bay, Rose Red, and Whisper White with Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Rose Red
Accessories: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, Vintage Brad
Ok, I think I've remembered to post everything I had planned for this week. It's just been crazy around here this past week, and next week will be even worse!! Next week is class week, plus my sis is coming to visit on Thursday. The downline meeting is Thursday too. Then we'll have one day to finish up any items needed for my daughter's baby shower on Saturday. Whew, I got worn out just thinking about it all!! Next week Sunday I'm putting my feet up and not moving at all! Yeah, right. Oh well, I can dream, can't I??
Have a wonderful weekend!
Sharon

No comments: