Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday

...to me that is. Looks like another year has come and gone. Not much has changed other than a few more wrinkles and more gray hair. But it's a great day - the sun is shining and I'm healthy, so life is good. God has blessed me in so many ways with wonderful friends who I treasure immensely. When birthdays roll around, I tend to take stock of my life and where I'm headed. Do you do that too? Most of the time I'm happy with how I've been living my life and the people I've surrounded myself with. But there's always room for improvement - hence the soul searching.

Now before I get too deep and philosophical, I think I'd better get back on track with what you came here for, right? A few days ago I was working with Bashful Blue cardstock and that cool houndstooth patterned paper from the Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack. There were a few extra pieces sitting around and I finally did something with them. Here's what I created.


I just love Chocolate Chip with almost any of the soft subtle colors we have. And Bashful Blue is right up there near the top as a favorite. No matter what elements are put together with these two colors, I seem to gravitate towards them.

Stamps: For All You Do
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla cardstock with Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper Pack
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Bashful Blue
Accessories: Scallop Trim Border Punch, new Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Chocolate Chip Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon, Silver Mini Brads, Ice Round Rhinestone Brads, and Dimensionals


I have to admit that the little flowers didn't really fit the new punch, but I was in a hurry and it seems to have worked out just fine. Unless you're really looking at those little blossoms, you don't notice that they don't quite match up. Does it bother you? I hope not. I would really hate to cause any 'unmatched punching' anxiety out there. lol In fact, if I hadn't mentioned it to you in the first place, you'd probably be running to quickly make something using that set and punching out the flowers and wondering why they didn't match up. So now you'll just have to buck up and deal with this nicely!! As you get older (and hopefully wiser!) you'll find some things just aren't that big of an issue anymore.

Now about all those gray hairs and wrinkles... That's really something to get all worked up about!! LOL

Wishing you many hours of happy stamping for another year!
Sharon

No comments: