Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Stamping for the Soldiers

Yes, it's the first Tuesday of the month already, so the gang will all be at church stamping cards for the soldiers tonight. I've been busy making up samples and cutting cardstock to get ready for tonight. I really didn't think very many would actually come this month because of Easter vacations and kids home from school, etc. But it soulds like there might be 13 tonight. That will officially be the biggest group so far, but who's counting? I just hope I have enough cardstock cut to keep everybody busy. lol
Since the two cards I'm sharing with you today use retired sets, I won't be giving you a big rundown on the supplies used. Suffice it to say - it's all Stampin' Up! This one uses the Big Shot and the Pindot Embossing Folder on one of the layers. This has turned out to be one of my favorite tools to give interest and texture to a card.
Of course, there is sponging on these cards. I don't feel like a card is finished if it doesn't have some sponged edges somewhere! The layouts are good basic sketches. So feel free to use them for yourself any time!
This first one is colored by using markers on the stamp. I've always loved this Petal Prints stamp set, and could never part with it. I'm so glad it's getting some inky love tonight!
The second card uses retired DSP along with the retired stamps. Not sure what the name of it was - sorry! I've also cut a batch of Regal Rose cardstock and DSP to make some a little more feminine graduation cards too. Again, the layout is very basic, but one I go back to often. Especially whenever there is a loooong layer you have to do something with! lol
Hope these two ideas give you some inspiration. I'll have a few more to share with you tomorrow and let you know how many cards we actually finished tonight.
Happy stamping. Share a little sunshine with someone and watch a smile light up their face!
Sharon

No comments: