Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day Blues - NOT

I'd been hearing about how long the lines would be at the voting booths, so there was a little dread in my heart as I took off for City Hall today. Much to my surprise, I only had to wait about 5 seconds! Yes, you heard me right - 5 seconds!! The kind ladies working there said it had just slowed down shortly before I arrived, There must be something to it about living right. Don't cha think??

Anyway, I'm just soooo excited to show you what I've been working on the last two days! I saw a Halloween fold-out on someone's blog about 2 weeks ago and it's been percolating in my brain. Sorry, I don't know where I saw the original. It was one of those days where I was clicking from one place to another without paying too much attention to where I actually landed. I tried to find it again yesterday when I was working on this to get some input, but couldn't find it. So I guess this is mine. Take a look and tell me what you think.... (Someone was kind enough to let me know that it might have been Patty Bennett's blog here: http://pattystamps.typepad.com/ This is definitely a wonderful blog and what awesome ideas Patty has! But I was looking at a Halloween idea. Anyone find that one??)


It just amazes me that you can have this all folded up into this small packet, but when untied you have a wonderful accent for a mantel or shelf. And I'm so tickled that I did this without alot of input and someone else's creativeness. All materials and stamps are by Stampin' Up! of course.
Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Define Your Life, and Holidays & Wishes
Paper: Sage Shadow, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla Cardstocks, and Autumn Vine DSP (love that stuff!)
Ink: Basic Brown, Really Rust, More Mustard, Sage Shadow, and Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot Serif Essentials Dies, Earth Elements Brads and Buttons, More mustard, Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow Grosgrain Ribbons, and Creamy Caramel Gingham Ribbon, AquaPainter, Scallop Circle, Small, Large and Wide Oval Punches.


Whew, I sure had a big mess on my worktable when I was finished. Seems like I had just about everything I owned out trying to decide what I needed to use. This was definitely fun and I'm looking forward to making another in the near future.
Thanks for checkin' in...
Sharon










4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the original was on Patty Bennett's blog, pattystamps.com

Unknown said...

You lucked out on the lines ..oh yes and on the fold out ..well done .

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and saw this wonderful card.... thank you for sharing.. Was it easy to create? jaci from mo.

Anonymous said...

just landed on your blog and wanted to thank you for sharing your nice ideas!