Monday, November 24, 2008

Oops! I'm really slipping up here! Way back when I showed you a glimpse of a card for this month's class, but never showed you the completed project. How silly of me! This is one of my most favorite cards I've ever made. I think the ladies at class liked it too. (They weren't crazy about all the cutting out, but that's what makes the card so special!)
All materials by SU!
Stamps: Autumn Harvest, Sanded, Define Your Life
Papers: Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie, and Very Vanilla
Inks: Basic Brown, Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, Always Artichoke Pads, and Chocolate Chip Marker
Accessories; Rich Regals Brads, Aqua Painter, Sponge quarters, Dimensionals.
The most fun making this card was doing the watercoloring. I kept going between the colors and not cleaning my brush so there was a multitude of shading and mixing of the ink colors. Looked like my yard with the pumpkins sitting side by side and the leaves swirling down from the trees.
Now on to more current projects. I was perusing Patty Bennet's blog here: http://pattystamps.typepad.com/pattys_stamping_spot/2008/10/5-fun-free-day-projects---part-2.html I loved the idea she had for this gift card holder. So I shamelessly copied it with a change or two.
This is just too cute in my humble opinion. I've got it hanging on my display tree right now. SU! has soooo many different kits to make your own ornaments or other decorations that you just have to try at least one! Or maybe all of them! (I'd be happy to help you with that!) I've been making them and giving them away to my hostesses. I hope they will use them and enjoy them for a long time.
Stamps: Snow Swirled, Hugs and Wishes, and Warm Words
Papers: Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Inks: Baja Breeze, Real Red
Accessories: Big Shot with Scallop Circle and Scallop Circle #2 Dies, Snow Blossom Punch, Pewter Jumbo Eyelet, Crop-a-dile, White Narrow Grosgrain, Red Gingham, 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
If you'd like to make some of these, come on over for the classes in December. This will be one of the projects we'll be making. We'll have at least 2 different gift card holders. I'm working on the reast of the projects for class. We need to get all set for Christmas so we can enjoy the holiday and not be totally stressed out. ;-)
Have a great day. Try to stay warm. And happy stamping!
Sharon

No comments: