Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy 1st Day of the Christmas Season

Sure, isn't today the 1st day of the holidays? I know most everybody considers this the biggest shopping day of the year. I guess I'm a bit of a scrooge because this is the one day of the year that I definitely don't shop! It's a day to recuperate from too much cooking and then too much eating. Of course, you still need to eat some turkey left-overs today too! Yum. I just love those left-overs! It's almost better than chocolate!! But not quite!


I've been working on several larger projects for the last week or so. (I keep getting sidetracked by family.) One of the projects was pronounced finished today. This is a pennant banner that is now hung on my bamboo curtains that hide one of my storage shelves in my 'creativity area'.
Both sizes of the Pennant die were used - 3 large for the word, and 2 small for the ends. Plus the Snowflake Set #2 dies were used for accents. Then I found a cool Frame and Holly Sizzix die at the JoAnn's store on sale Tuesday. (love those sales!) And then there were some rhinestone brads and Stickles glitter added. It's really pretty in person. Wish you could all be here to see it!

All materials by SU! unless listed otherwise.
Stamps: none
Dies: Pennants, Snowflakes Set #2, Bigz Serif Essentials Alphabet, Sizzix Scallop Frame with Holly Dies
Papers: Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Holiday Treasures DSP
Accessories: Baja Breeze Striped Grosgrain, Ice Rhinestone Brads, Snowflake Punch (retired), Pewter Jumbo Brads, Red Glitter (retired). And Stickles Frosted Lace.
I was pleasantly surprised by how the tiny Stickles dots on the snowflakes and the large scallop circle really showed up on the Baja Breeze cardstock. It really added some nice dimension to the design and added a little brightness too. It's really funny that I had purchased the Frosted Lace Stickles last Christmastime when I saw it on a snowflake card and fell in love. And then I hadn't used it once in all that time. Oh well, it was sitting there patiently waiting for me when it was needed. See, that's why you need to keep everything - you never know when you're gonna need it!
Hope you're having fun shopping out there...
Sharon

No comments: