Thursday, November 6, 2008

Short day in the dungeon

Boy, I wish the rest of our fall continued on just like today. But a quick fling outside was all I could manage if I was going to make good on my promise yesterday to make more simple and quick cards. It's so nice outside I really had trouble coming down to 'the dungeon' to work. Oh, I really shouldn't call the basement 'the dungeon', but sometimes it feels like I've spent the greatest portion of my life down here. I guess I'm very lucky that I can send time doing crafts of one sort or another pretty much everyday. But I digress....

Here is the latest version of Season of Simple Grace. Again it is a very quick with just 2 colors of cardstock used, and 2 inks. Add a little white gel pen and glitter, and that's it. Easy, peasy. It's a tri-fold card, using a different portion of the Nativity story on each of the sections. The card front doesn't fold over to cover the next section. The 11" length is scored at 3" and 8".

All materials and stamps by SU!
Stamps: Season of Simple Grace
Papers: Night of Navy and Bashful Blue
Inks: Night of Navy and Bashful Blue
Accessories: White Gel Pen, Sponge quarter, 2 way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds
Now isn't the card nice looking and something you'd like to get in the mail? I'm hoping others think so too, because I'll be making a few more of these. I really like how the gel pen swirls show up on the little lamb. How cute is that.

I was on a roll with these quickie cards, so the snowflakes were next. I had already used my Big Shot and Sizzix Snowflake 2 Die to make some snowflakes. I got an idea to try using the outline of the diecut to sponge color onto the card. This is the outcome. What do ya think??

Again the card only uses 2 colors of cardstock, and 2 colors of ink. Of course this one has added embellishments of the Little Felt Flurries and ribbon. Just love how soft and simple this is.
All materials and stamps by SU!
Stamps: Heard From the Heart
Papers: Whisper White, Baja Breeze
Ink: Baja Breeze
Accessories: White Taffeta Ribbon and Little Felt Flurries, Sponge quarter
That's it. Can't get too much easier than this. And that's it for today. I didn't get as much done as I'd planned. My dear daughter Heather came by for a visit today. It was nice spending time with her and catching up on all our goings on. That is so much more important than stamping. Really, it is!
Catch ya later,
Sharon
























No comments: