Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Yellow Kind of Day

I got up this morning (way too early for those of you that know me) and dragged myself into the kitchen. Through bleary eyes I looked outside and all I could see was yellow! Our maple tree that is in the middle of the yard had morphed into a yellow monster. And under it, the world had turned yellow also. The yard was covered in yellow. My car was covered in yellow. Everything was yellow! How can there be so many yellow leaves on the ground and on my car, but the tree still looks full of yellow leaves too?!

I had been planning on creating the last 2 cards for my classes next week, and the first thing that popped in my foggy mind was yellow Christmas cards. Ya know, yellow trees, yellow snowmen. Ack!! What was I thinking?! With yellow sugarplums dancing in my head, I turned around and went back to bed. What else could I do?


Once the yellow thoughts were out of my mind, things went along much smoother today. I've been working on three projects simultaneously. In other words, nothing really got finished in the stamping department, but the laundry got done. So all was not lost.
Instead I'm sharing two cards that were made about two weeks ago. I love to watercolor. (must be a frustrated pre-schooler or something) Sorry the picture quality is a little fuzzy. Not sure what I did wrong, but I couldn't get it any clearer. All materials and stamps are SU!
Stamps: Harvest Home
Paper: Old Olive, Baroque Burgundy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Brown, More Mustard
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Bigz Die, Sponge quarter, Aqua Painter, WaterColor Wonder Crayons, Old Olive Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon
This 2nd card also used the WaterColor Wonder Crayons (which I love, love, love). It's so much fun playing with the colors layering one over another til I achieve what I want. I wish you could see these in person - they're really gorgeous! I keep looking at them in surprise that I really made them. All materials and stamps by SU! of course.
Stamps: Harvest Home, Canvas and Holidays & Wishes
Paper: Brocade Blue, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla
Inks: Basic Brown
Access: Choc.Chip Grosgrain, Word Window Punch, Aqua Painter, Watercolor Wonder Crayons, and Sponge quarter
Hope you like my offerings today. Maybe tomorrow I'll actually get something finished for you.
Just wanted to say a quick hi to the ladies at the workshop last night. Thanks Michelle for having me over. And it was a hoot spending time with Sue, Heidi, Terri, Marty and the rest. You all made my night. I was still chuckling about some of the discussion topics on my way home last night.
Hugs,
Sharon

No comments: