Thursday, February 14, 2013

Similar, but...

How often do you see an idea and really love it, but...  Yeah, it's that but... that gets me every time.  When I first saw the Sale-A-Bration flyer, I loved the card sample shown using the Sycamore Street Designer Series Papers and Ribbon & Button Packs.  You can get either of these items free when you place a $50 order.  Considering that I love the colors these items were showcasing, I had to get them!  You know how that goes, don't you!  Well,  I finally got around to CASEing that card sample with my take on it, and that's what I have to share with you today.

Stamps:  Madison Avenue and Sweet Essentials
 Ink:  Summer Starfruit
 Paper:  Whisper White, Summer Starfruit cardstock and Sycamore Street DSP
Accessories:  1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals

I started out with a 4 1/4" square card which is larger than the original sample, so that was the first change.  Next I added a sentiment on the bottom of the card with Summer Starfruit ink.  Then I stamped the tiny floral stamp from the Madison Avenue set on the top portion of the white card because it just seemed like too much white going on.   Other than those few changes, I think I followed the idea pretty closely.

Have you checked the great patterns and colors in the Sycamore Street DSP yet?  They are so user-friendly and I've been having lots of fun using them.  And from the looks on other blogs, I think that's pretty much the sentiment out there.  I've been seeing many, many great ideas and they've inspired me to get stamping with more of these papers while I still can!   I'm surprised that I've already used up 90% of my pack of DSP and all of the Pool Party ribbon and buttons.  Must be about time to place an order and get another pack free!!  If you'd  like to place an order to get yours free, either click on the button on the right to order online, or contact me to place the order for you.  Either way, I know you'll love these papers, ribbons, and buttons.
.
Well, that's it for now.  Kids are stirring so free time  nap time is just about over for today.  Hope you'll find time to stamp and come back again soon.  Any comments would be appreciated.  I love to hear what you think about my ideas.  Take care...   Sharon

ps -  Happy Valentines Day to you!  Can't believe I almost forgot.  Oh my, and not even sharing anything with hearts on it either!  I'm really slipping here!!

No comments: