Monday, February 18, 2013

Secret Garden with Razzleberry

Hello all.  Hope you're enjoying your Monday.  Some of you might have had the day off and got a little stamping in.  That's a wonderful way to use your time off.  We didn't have the day off from watching our grandkids,  though I did find a little time to stamp anyway.  Woo Hoo!  Going through my stash of Designer Papers, I found I hadn't used two different prints from the Sycamore Street DSP  pack.  Now I couldn't let that happen, could I?  So I sat down with the express purpose of using one of these paper prints, then I'd move on to the other one.  Well, the first one was giving me fits and nothing (I mean nothing!) was going right with it.  What can you do at that point, but eat some chocolate and put the first one aside and tackle the second print.  And that's what I did.  Now, I've got a card to share with you, but I'm not sure about it.  Please give me some input as to what you think about it.   I'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts...

Stamps:  Secret Garden, Papillon Potpourri, and Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry, Summer Starfruit, and Island Indigo
Paper:  Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, and Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Secret Garden Framelits, Big Shot, Bitty Butterfly Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, AquaPainter, Delicate Details Lace Tape, Pearls Basic Jewels, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
Whew, feels like I used half of the tools I've got and my stamping space looks like it too with everything strewn about!  But I think it was worth it.  There are a few things I'd like to point out for you.  The largest flower was both stamped and watercolored with the Rich Razzleberry ink.  When I needed some little filler flowers, I did a wash of color to match on a scrap of white cardstock before it was punched.  Each of the flower petals on the card were slightly curled to give more dimension to them.

Did you notice the pearls on the butterfly?  Nice little accent to draw attention to it.  I also added a little pearl in each of the tiny punched accent flowers to give them some love and attention too.

The lace tape is new in the Spring Mini.  You've got to get some of this!   It's wonderful to work with - so easy, and adds such a pretty touch to the card.  I thought it softened the dark geometric print on the background a bit.


Ok, that's it for today.  Let me know what you think about this card.  It's really darker and bolder than what I usually make, but I need to get out of my comfort zone every once in awhile, don't I?  Thanks for stopping by.  And thanks especially if you leave a comment!  grin    Sharon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your card today. I'm so glad that I bought the Secret Garden stamp set! I love the colors that you used also. Thanks for sharing this with us. I look forward to each of your new creations.

Joan
MN