Friday, February 8, 2013

One for the Guys

 
I know this doesn't happen very often, so I thought you should be warned about it.  I actually made a masculine card today, woo hoo!  And I'm even going to get it posted today too!  Wow!  Hope you appreciate how incredibly unusual this is.  And  don't go expecting this to happen all the time now.  That would take away from the specialness of it all, and that wouldn't be a good thing now, would it?  Anyway, I was checking out a few blogs to get my mojo working late this afternoon, and I came across a card by Carolyn Lindemayer at this blog - www.papecraftcrew.com  They were sharing their Sketch Challenge #28 and Carolyn's card caught my eye.  I needed to change a few things around to use what I had on hand, and I love the finished card so much!  If I had enough of the materials needed on hand, it would probably be one of the cards for February's classes next week.  But... not enough of the needed materials, sooooo on to other creating.  But, just wanted to share this card tonight. 

Stamps:  On The Seas and Apothecary Art
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Gray, Lucky Limeade, Whisper White with 2011-2013 In Color Patterns Designer Paper Pack
Accessories:  Big Shot with Labels Framelits, Argyle TIEF, Silver Soda Pop Tops, 1" Circle Punch, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Silver Embellishment Kit(ret), Corner Rounder Punch(ret), Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals





I had fun playing with all the texture and layers on this card.  At first it was a stretch to consider making a seafaring card in anything other than a blue of some sort.  But after getting it done, I must say this is one of my favorite cards that I've made lately.  The silvers and grays compliment the Lucky Limeade very nicely.

And really ladies, you need to try out these Soda Pop Tops - so cool!  They're such a bright, shiny accent on your cards.  I know I need to order me a small truckload for all the ideas that are rollin' around in my head.  he he

Well, that's it for tonight.  I need to get some sleep so I don't catch any of the germs the grandsons are spreading around again.  Yeck!  This has to be the sickest winter I've lived through in quite a few years, and I'm getting reeeeeealllllly tired of it!!!!  So, nighty, night all...  Sharon

 

No comments: