Sunday, February 17, 2013

More Sycamore Street Ideas

Well, I did warn you that I'd be posting more ideas with the Sycamore Street DSP and also the Ribbon and Button Pack that are two of the free items you can get during Sale-A-Bration.  I'm finding these two items are turning into my very favorite supplies when I sit down to stamp lately.  Whatever will I do when Sale-A-Bration is over March 22nd??  Definitely be having withdrawals, that's for sure!  (Maybe I just need to get another pack or two before they're gone.....)  sigh    Ok, enough pining away, let's get on with the ideas.....

Stamps:  Perfectly Penned 
Ink:  Basic Black
Paper:  Whisper White, Island Indigo, and either Summer Starfruit or Pool Party along with Sycamore Street DSP (SAB)
Accessories:  Sycamore Street Ribbon and Button Pack, Island Indigo Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
 Isn't this just the cutest card ever?  Love the ribbon and buttons with the Baker's Twine little bows on them.  Is the Summer Starfruit card base too much of a good thing?  I keep second-guessing myself on whether it's too much or not.  I almost used a Whisper White card base and just a layer of the Starfruit.  What do you think?
This card still uses the same idea with DSP and the strip of buttons on the ribbon, but changed it from portrait to landscape and used a much larger layer of the printed DSP.  Since the card was using Pool Party, I changed the middle button from Tangerine to the Pool Party to match.

I really haven't decided which one I like better.  They both are so fresh and happy looking to me.  I think one of the very best things about this DSP is that it's forcing me to step out of my comfort zone of pastels and start embracing these amazing bright and lively colors!  And that's been a really good change for me.  I'm lovin' it!!

Happy stamping to you.  Get out there and try something new today!!  It's fun - Sharon

No comments: