Monday, February 4, 2013

Honeycomb Happiness

One of the new products in the Spring Mini Catalog is the Honeycomb Texture Impressions Embossing Folder.  How cool is that?  It's a great background for so many different types of cards just the way it is.  But why stop there?  Have you seen it used with little hexagons of DSP tucked into some of the design?  I loved the look, but wasn't sure how to do it.  After giving it lots of thought, (and wondering why SU! didn't have a punch for this!!!) I finally figured it out.  It was one of those 'duh' moments.  Come on now, you know what I'm talking about!  Anyway, here's my card and afterwards I'll explain how easy it is to do!

Stamps:  Patterned Occasions
Ink:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, and Calypso Coral markers
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool  Party, and Calypso Coral with Sycamore Street DSP
Accessories:  Big Shot with Honeycomb TIEF, Decorative Label Punch, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, and Dimensionals

Now for unveiling the secret of getting the DSP just the right size to fit inside those little hexagons.  Have a strip of DSP and run it through the Honeycomb embossing folder and your Big Shot.  Just follow the embossed lines and cut out as many of the little hexagons as you need and attach them to your card.  How easy is that?!  It was so simple and I was trying to make it so hard by cutting and measuring, etc.  Oh, why do I always try to make things harder than they have to be?

Anyway, now that I know this trick, I'm sure I'll be using it often.  It's just so dog-gone cute!  Oh yes, I've got to remind you that the DSP I used and the stamp set too are items you can get free when you order $50 from either the yearly SU! Catalog and/or the Spring Mini.  Isn't it great to have such fabulous products you can get free?  If you're interested, you can order directly from my website by clicking on the icon on the side or contact me and I'd be happy to host a party for you or just help you place your order.

Back to the card, you can see I've opted for my favorite go-to colors again.  These three colors and also Primrose Petals seem to be what I've been grabbing to use every time I sit down and stamp lately!  I think 'pastel' might be my middle name or something.  Ok, that's it for today.  There's a ladies meeting at church tonight that I don't want to miss.  It's the ladies group's birthday party with dinner and Bunco following, so it's going to be lots of  laughter and fun.  I'm outa here til tomorrow.  Hope to see you then.  Sharon

No comments: