Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Wonderfall Leaves

Hey, I'm back.  Sorry for the hiatus.  Life got in the way of stamping and posting for awhile, but I'm here today.  Not sure about tomorrow, but that's the way it is with 2 grandkids - both with colds, and the little one teething on top of it all.  What fun it's been lately!  ( did you catch the bit of sarcasm?)  Anyway, I have a fabulous card for you today.  At least I think it is!  And it's using all kinds of new goodies that I had fun playing with.  And here you it is...

Stamps:  Wonderfall and Fabulous Phrases
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Paper:  Soft Suede and Very Vanilla with Comfort Cafe DSP
Accesssories:  Big Shot with Autumn Accents Bigz Die, Summer Starfruit Stitched Ribbon, Brushed Bronze Buttons, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Isn't this pretty?  I was so happy with how it all came together.  I chose to use two of the colors from the Comfort Cafe DSP for the ink on the leaves and tag.  Then decided that the Summer Starfruit Ribbon would be the perfect accent to brighten the card up. 

Just one more thing was needed - that Brushed Bronze button.  Oh, I just love it all together, don't you! 

It was easier than I thought it would be to die cut the leaves then stamp on them.  You can see exactly where you're placing the leaf on the inked up stamp so there's no problem.  Easy peasy!

tip: Even though the button has 4 holes, I just tied the ribbon through 2 and made sure the ends of ribbon covered the other two holes.  Otherwise, it would have all been rather bulky for going through the mail.   This way it's much flatter.

Hope you love this as much as I do.  The colors are perfect for fall.  Think I might try this again using another of the prints from Comfort Cafe - the one with the blue flowers.  What do you think about that??  Should I give it a try?  I will, but you never know exactly what it'll be until you start playing with it! 

Tonight the ladies are gathering at church to make cards for our military again.  If you're in the area, stop in and stamp with us!  Check in with me for directions.  The more the merrier!  Have a great week.  Hope to be back quicker this time!!   Rubber hugs, Sharon