Saturday, September 8, 2012

Mistletoe Christmas

What a week it's been around here!  Seems like there's been a sleep-deprivation epidemic going on here.  Not only aren't the grandkids getting enough sleep(teething and colds), but neither is my daughter, or myself for that matter either.  Seems like I've been walking around like a zombie this week and just not getting anything accomplished at all!  But I crashed last night and got 8 1/2 hours and was raring to go today.  So far I've changed bed linens, done laundry, run the dishwasher and unloaded it, made 2 projects for next week's class, and actually stamped for fun today!!  That stamping for fun thing hasn't been happening too often lately, so it was especially wonderful.  I spent a little time checking out other people's stamping projects and got totally inspired by Connie Babbert and this card.  I pretty much copied her card 'cuz it was so darn cute, but I let my main object hang off the card to give it a different look.  Hope this inspires you too!  Thanks for the fabulous idea Connie!
Stamps:  Christmas Blessings
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black and Gumball Green with Cherry Cobbler marker
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler and Very Vanilla with Be Of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot with Delicate Doilies Sizzlit, AquaPainter, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, and Dimensionals
Isn't it cute?  I love having a small 4 1/4" square card and then having components of the card attached outside of the square.  Just makes it stand out a little more than a regular sized card.  And it still fits into a regular envelope so there's no extra cost to mail.  When you're sending out bunches of cards at Christmas, that's a major consideration!

I think mistletoe berries are actually whitish, but they didn't show up enough so there was some artistic license used here.  Hope you don't mind too much!

That's it for tonight.  It's already close to 10:30 and I'm beat again.  I need to step away from the stamping or I'll never shut down tonight.  Besides, the book I'm currently reading is calling to me!  he he  Happy stamping and have a fab weekend - Sharon

No comments: