Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mummyfied Treat Card

What a great day it's been today!  I got lots of stamping and planning done for our stamping at church on Tuesday night.  It's always quite a production getting the different cards planned and then cutting all the cardstock, ribbons, etc and gathering everything needed to make 120-150 cards each month for our military personnel overseas.  This is really a labor of love for myself and all the ladies that come every month to make the cards.  It's wonderful to be able to do something to let our soldiers know that we appreciate them and all they do.  Anyway, since this time around I was using so many retired items, I thought you wouldn't be interested in them.  So I've got a cutesy Halloween treat card to share with you instead.  I'll be honest and tell you I've seen a good number of versions of this idea out there on the net, but you can always use one more.  Can't you??  Hope so, 'cuz here it comes!

Stamps:  Googly Ghouls and Grateful Greetings(retired)
Ink:  Basic Black and Basic Gray
Paper:  Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Very Vanilla and Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP
Accessories:   1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Modern Label Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Googlie Eyes, Sponge Dauber, and candy
As you can see, this is an easy tri-fold card.  It folds up nicely to hide the candy treat inside.  I chose to use a retired sentiment set because it fit the card so well. 

The hole for the mummy to peek through was made by the 1 1/4"Circle Punch punched on the fold only halfway in.  This gives you the perfect size to pop him in and it opens easily around the mummy.

Of course, one of the Googlies were used for his eye.  Having that extra touch just makes the card perfect.  And I saw the candy out for Halloween already and thought the orange color would work well with this idea.
Ok, here we go again with the twisted picture!  I really don't know why some of my pictures keep posting on their side.  When I take the pic and label it, it's always correct.  But as soon as it's posted, there it is laying down on it's side again!  What frustration!  I'm about ready to start pulling my hair out, but I don't have enough to spare so I better not!   grin

Thanks for stopping in for a peek.  Hope you have a great week ahead.  The weather's been gorgeous with sunshine and blue skies - perfect fall weather.  I need to get outside tomorrow and enjoy it instead of hiding in the stamp cave. 
Happy stamping - Sharon

No comments: