Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A Daring Adventure Card

My sister Connie is a very creative stamper and comes up with cards I really enjoy.  They are always eye-catching and a little different.  A couple months ago she sent my hubby a birthday card that I really liked.  Since then, one of the items on her card has been retired - the twill tape.  I struggled to find something else to use instead, but didn't really like the looks of any of the ribbons or threads I tried.  So instead, I made her card without any extra embellishment at all.  I'm happy to say that I liked it just fine.  So here's the updated version of Connie's card that the ladies in Hostess Club made....

Stamps:  Daring Adventure
Ink:  Not Quite Navy and Early Espresso
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, and Baja Breeze
Accessories:   Big Shot with Square Lattice TIEF, and Dimensionals
Wow, that's probably the fewest items I've used on a card in a long, looooong while!  It has really clean lines, and the hardest part is just cutting all the little layers with only an 1/8" difference.  Sometimes embossing cardstock changes the dimensions a bit, so I did a little trimming on the Early Espresso layers to make them look right.

So if you're in the market for a masculine card, this one sure fits the bill nicely.  Thanks for the idea Connie!  It really worked out well even without the twill tape accent on it!  Happy stamping, Sharon

No comments: