Monday, August 27, 2012

Snowflake Glamour

As I was laying in bed the other night, I couldn't seem to turn my mind to sleep mode.  I'd been stamping before bed and that is a problem.  Instead of sleeping, the gray matter is still clicking along with color ideas, stamps, and all sorts of creative thoughts and isn't ready to settle down yet!!.  One of the ideas that was percolating around in there was using the new snowflake die with Silver Glimmer paper and making a totally glitzy Christmas card.  I usually go for more of an understated look, but that sure doesn't fit this card at all!  Here's what I came up with for my over-the-top-glitz card...

Stamps:  Greetings of the Season
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy
Paper:  Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
Accessories:   Big Shot and Snow Flurry Bigz Die, Framed Tulips TIEF, Piercing Tool and Mat, and Antique Brads
Can you feel the glitz and glamour?  Pictures never do Glimmer Paper justice, but I'm sure you get the idea.  I wanted something a little substantial for the center of the snowflake, so went with the Antique Brads. This one has a pewter tone to it, so it goes nicely with the silver.  But it's dark enough to stand out and not get lost in the glitter.

I wanted to keep things really simple, so the only other adornment is the Framed Tulips embossing around the edge of the cardfront.  I did this on a separate layer so it would be a little sturdier holding up the snowflakes. 

Hope this puts you in the mood for the upcoming holidays.  It sure got me thinking about it!  Have a fun week.  With babysitting, Hostess Club, and meeting at church this week, it's gonna be just a little crazy.  Hope I can squeeze in a little time for stamping too!  Sharon

No comments: