Sunday, August 12, 2012

Blending Old and New

I needed to plan some quick cards for the ladies to make last week, so I was pawing through my stash of DSP and found some that I thought would look great with the candy canes I wanted to use.  Of course, the DSP is retired and I didn't have tons of time to check which catalog it came out of.  Soooo, I have no idea what the name of it is, but it worked perfectly for what I had in mind.  So here goes...

Stamps:  Scentsational Season, All Holidays(ret)
Ink:  Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Sahara Sand, Riding Hood Red, and Whisper White with DSP?
Accessories:   Big Shot with Holiday Collection Framelits and Labels Collection Framelits, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals
As you can see, the cards are super-simple, but I think they're still cute.  The two different prints of the DSP happen to be opposite sides of the same piece.  So we sort of voted which way the ladies prefered the card, and that's what we made.  Oh, by the way, the vote went to #1 overwhelmingly.  So there you have it.  Any easy way to blend some of your retired DSP and stamps along with the new stamp and framelit combos.  So quick!  So easy!

Have a great Sunday.  Hope your week is blessed.
Sharon

No comments: