Sunday, August 26, 2012

Pennant Christmas

Today I'm switching from Halloween to Christmas.  I can't seem to stay focused on one at a time and keep switching back and forth.  Sometimes my brain starts feeling like a yo-yo or something.  Anyway, today is a soft-looking Christmas card that isn't too very hard to make.  It was inspired by a card on the display boards at convention, so I have no idea who made the original.  But I enjoyed looking at it, so I hope you will too.  As usual, I've taken the liberty of only staying with the same stamp set and colors.  The rest has been changed around to suit my tastes.  Hope you enjoy this one...

Stamps:  Pennant Parade and Greetings of the Season
Ink:  Pool Party, Crumb Cake, and Soft Suede pads and Pool Party marker
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Pool Party, and Whisper White
Accessories:  Big Shot with Petals Aplenty TIEF, Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Glue Dots, and Dimensionals
I wanted lots of texture on this card, so I not only embossed a layer of Crumb Cake, but also crumpled the Whisper White cardstock for the snow.  After attaching the 'snow', I went back with a 2-Way Glue Pen and added swirls of glitter to make it sparkle.

The design needed something small in the top left corner, but nothing seemed to work.  Until I thought of using a marker to color the taffeta ribbon to match.  Making a tiny bow and attaching with a Glue Dot was the final touch.

Hope you like this idea.  This isn't quite a traditional color combo for Christmas cards, but I like how it turned out.  Thanks for stopping in today.  Enjoy your Sunday and take time to rest and reflect.  It helps me get ready for the coming week.  Enjoy!  Sharon

No comments: