Sunday, July 1, 2012

Floral District Quickie

This is just a quick little card I put together with some scraps of the Floral District Designer Paper that were sitting on the table.  I'm still not sure about the color on the punched flower accent, but right now it's staying like it is.  If you have any suggestions, let me know and I'll give them a try.

Stamps:  Curly Cute
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, and Baja Breeze with Floral District Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Five Petal Punch(ret), Boho Blossoms Punch, Flower Brads(ret), 1/8" Circle Punch, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Looking at the picture, I'm thinking maybe the flower colors should be reversed with the Rose Red on the larger layer.  But I really didn't like the Baja Breeze layer next to the flower brad.  Oh well, there must be a combo that really pops, but I haven't quite figured it out yet.

This card came about because I had several 1" scrap strips of patterned paper sitting there and didn't want to get rid of them.  Since the Razzleberry layer was 4" tall, I couldn't line up 4 in a row, hence the slightly staggered rows with one trimmed on the top and one on the bottom.  I liked the concept of using up these little bits and I'll probably use the idea again for more of my scraps.  Hope this gives you an idea too.

Thanks for stopping in today.  See you soon!  Sharon

No comments: