Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lemon Lime Hearts

Wasn't sure how to give this one a title, so bear with me here.  I have to admit that the new Summer Starfruit color is not my favorite. But when my friend Phyllis D. showed me this card, I just had to make one.  Now I guess the color is growning on me.  At least enough to have my class ladies make this card this month.  grin  So what do you think of the color combo??  Isn't it yummy?

Stamps:  Itty Bitty Banners
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Summer Starfruit, and Old Olive
Ink:  Summer Starfruit
Accesssories:  Big Shot with Argyle Embossing Folder and Bitty Banners Framelits, Full Heart Punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, and Dimensionals
For not really liking the color, I really love the color combo on this card.  It's so fresh and tart looking,  When Phyllis made her card, she had the colors layered on top of each other, yellow on yellow, etc.  But I liked it much more all mixed up.  Really makes me think of Key Lime Pie - yummy!

Don't you love the new embossing folder?  It's another of those wonderful all-over prints that sort of looks like fabric.  This one can go either bold or delicate depending on what you put with it.  And those new little Framelits with matching stamp set are just too cute!

Hope you enjoyed this idea.  Thanks Phyllis for a fab idea!  Thanks for stopping in today.  (ps - hi Connie!)   Sharon

No comments: