Sunday, June 17, 2012

Speedy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!  That's especially meant for my hubby and also my wonderful SIL Jesse.  How blessed I am to be married to a good man who loves me and to have a SIL who truly loves my daughter.  What more could anyone ask for?  Oh yes, wonderful grandkids too!  Yes, I've been blessed beyond measure.  So I needed to make a card for my SIL.  I checked into the Stamping 411 blog to see what the sketch was for this weekend.  Thought it might work and got started on it.  Well, after playing around with the sketch a little and pulling things together to make his card, it all came together just fine.  Of course, it didn't really follow the Stamping 411 sketch to closely, as usual.  The ladies there do say to use it as a starting place, and I guess that's what I did.  Here's my version of their sketch...

Stamps:  Need For Speed, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock:  Midnight Muse, Riding Hood Red, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Accessories:  Big Shot with Tasteful Trims Bigz XL Die, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, Regals 3/16" Brads, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Dimensionals
Following the sketch started going off track when I decided to add the motion-stamping behind the car.  That made the dimensions all wrong for this layer.  It was all downhill from there.  I really like how the finished card looks though, and that's what really matters.  Hope Jesse likes his card.  It was made with lots of love and caring.

Have a great day!  Enjoy the holiday and spend time with your family.  That's what makes life really special!  Well, we're off to spend time with our family.  Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Deb said...

I like the motion that you captured with your stamping technique. Great card!

Tammy said...

Yes, the sketch is definitely a starting point! So glad we inspired you!!! Great card, by the way!

Selene Kempton said...

this is so pretty! i love the race car and I'm thinking after seeing your card i NEED that set! :) Thanks for playing this week! hugs.

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

How fun is this???? Now I need this set too!

gbarron56 said...

Nice job, Sharon! Masculine cards are the most difficult for me. Thanks for the inspiration! Blessings, Gretchen