Saturday, June 16, 2012

Simple Blossoms Card

Can you believe it?  Yes, it's me and I've got a new posting.  And it uses a new color, and all the stamps are current!  Woo Hoo!!  I try to stay in touch with what's new, but sometimes I just can't stay ahead of the catalog.  And of course it's not my fault - I just have trouble letting go of some of my favorite stamps and accessories.  But today's card is all current and easy to do, with many options for different occasions just by changing the sentiment.  How hard is that?  Here goes....

Stamps:  Betsy's Blossoms and Friendly Phrases
Cardstock:  Sahara Sand and Whisper White
Ink:  Midnight Muse
Accessories:  Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, 3/16" Neutral Brads, Large Oval Punch, and Dimensionals
See, I told you it was quick and easy to make.  With just one color of ink (and a new one at that!) and a few tools, you can be done in a jiffy.  But it still can look interesting.

Did you notice the brad design on the side?  I've been thinking about the idea of piercing a line of holes and just adding a couple of brads to make a little design.  I really love how it turned out.  I had originally thought of using either gold or silver brads, but the white brads from the neutral set were really quite perfect.

One other thought I'd had was to either sponge or add a Midnight Muse cardstock layer behind the sentiment.  When I tried it though it seemed to 'heavy' for the card.  Guess I just like the crisp white by itself.

Well, that's it for today.  Hope you like this and will give it a try.  Well, at least try the color combo of Midnight Muse, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White.  I think they're lovely together.  Let me know what you come up with for these colors.  Be back soon.  Sharon

No comments: