Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Scored Pillow-Effect Design

Back a few months, my sister sent me a birthday card that I thought was absolutely beautiful.  I set it aside to use as an inspiration for a future class project.  I got it out and used it as one of the projects this month, and I still love the look of it.  Of course, there are one or two changes made from Connie's original, but her design is there for all to see.  Here's the card the ladies made this month...

Stamps:  Perfectly Penned and Bring on the Cake
Cardstock:  Calypso Coral and Whisper White
Ink:  Daffodil Delight and Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Simply Scored Scoring Tool along with the Diagonal Plate, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels, Sponge Daubers, Paper Snips, and Dimensionals
Didn't I tell you this card was lovely?  It's interesting how the look of the card changes dramatically depending on how heavy or light you sponge on the ink colors.  On this card, I used a very light touch and it's quite delicate looking.  On others the color was much more intense and bold.  But either way, the addition of the tiny pearls where the diagonal lines intersect just makes the entire card. 

If you'd like to give this technique a try, I'll tell you I used 1 1/2" increments on the Scoring Tool.   You could go tighter at 1" or spread out a bit at 2".  Just try it out and see how large you like the 'pillows'.  Another tip, any of the stamps in the Perfectly Penned set work on the sentiment layer.  And I'm sure there's plenty of other sentiment sets that could be used if you didn't have this one.  I just loved the elegant font on this set.  Thought it went well together.

That's it for today.  Hope you're enjoying the summer.  Have fun!  Sharon 

No comments: