Sunday, June 3, 2012

Vintage Anniversary Card

Yes, I know I've been MIA for quite awhile.  The only excuse I can give is that I'm getting too old and not everything gets done when it should.  Watching grandkids is definitely taking it's toll on various parts of my life.  But I love being with them every day and don't really want to give that up.  So.... that means other things fall by the wayside.  All I ask is that you bear with me and I'll keep trying to do my best!  That said, I've got a lovely anniversary card (could easily be for a wedding) that will knock your socks off.  Well, maybe not off, but they should at least fall down to your ankles!  Here goes....

Stamps:  Field Flowers, Hello Doily, and A Word For You
Cardstock:  Confetti Cream, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla
Ink:  Crumb Cake and Early Espresso
Accessories:  Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips, Dimensionals, and Gold Lame' Smooch Accent(ret)






This card looks so very elegant and I can't wait to use it!  My sister and I were discussing card ideas and she was explaining something like this.  Now I'm very visual so I wasn't too sure what her card would look like.  She was planning to use Basic Black instead of Early Espresso, but I thought this was a little softer and more antique looking.  I wish I could see her card to compare ideas.  Her's are usually better as she has a great eye for color and composition.
I'm not sure if you can see the gold dots that are added to the center of the flowers.  After making the card, it just needed a little bit of bling.  I didn't think glitter would work, but then remembered the Smooch Accent Inks.  The Gold Lame' was the perfect touch to add a touch of class to the card. 
Hope you enjoyed this idea.  After seeing this card again, I wish I would have ordered more square envelopes before they retired.  Oh well, maybe I'll rework this card to be the regular A2 size.  Sure, why not!  Hopefully I'll be adding more posts soon.  Don't give up on me yet!!    Sharon

No comments: