Monday, May 14, 2012

One More Fifth Avenue Floral

Hey there.  Remember two posts ago when I shared a card that had the angled front on the card?  Seems like I had all these angled pieces of DSP left over when classes were finished last week.  I suppose I could have thrown them all away, but I just had to play with some to see what could be made from them.  Here's the result...            

Stamps:  Fifth Avenue Floral (ret), and Loved Ones
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Watercolor Paper with Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (ret)
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, and Calypso Coral with Crumb Cake marker
Accessories: AquaPainter, Decorative Label Punch, Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon, and Dimensionals
On the other card I made with these materials, I measured 1 1/2" down on the side of the Designer Paper and then angle cut to the left corner.  That's where all these angled pieces of Designer Paper came from.  After fiddling with them, I found that 6 pieces could fit on the front of a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" card very nicely.  And that got me thinking about making it look quilted.  Hence the stitch lines around each of the pieces with the Crumb Cake marker.  I really liked the look of the resulting 'quilting' on the card front.

After trying several other options for the focal point on the card, I settled back on the stamped and watercolored images that were used on the previous cards I'd made for classes.  Why mess with a good thing, right?  Besides, nothing else I tried looked right.  So this is the card I gave my daughter for Mother's Day.  If you notice, only part of the image for the sentiment was used. I omitted the crown above daughter because it really didn't fit.  Anyway, I was quite pleased with the overall look when I finished and wrote her a little note letting her know how proud I was of her and what a great mother she is to her two little boys.  What more could a mother ask of her daughter than to be a good mother herself?

Ok, that's it for today.  Thanks for stopping in to see what's new.  Maybe I need to get cracking on using some new products and seeing what can be created with them?  What a novel idea!  Guess that's next on my list to do...  Sharon

No comments: