Friday, May 11, 2012

Goodbye Fifth Avenue Floral

There are so many stamps sets being retired that I'm going to miss soooo much.  And Fifth Avenue Floral is definitely one of them.  I had to use it one more time for a class project.  So this is one of the projects from May's classes.

Stamps:  Fifth Avenue Floral, Four Frames, and Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Pear Pizzazz,Very Vanilla, and Calypso Coral on some, with Everyday Enchantment DSP (ret), and Watercolor Paper
Ink:  Stazon Jet Black, So Saffron, and either Baja Breeze or Calypso Coral
Accessories:  AquaPainter, Big Shot with Stripes Embossing Folder, Decorative Label Punch, Modern Label Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, either Calypso Coral Ruffled Ribbon or Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Dazzling Details Glitter, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals 

After making the card and deciding to use it for class purposes, I realized I didn't have enough of either color of the printed DSP to make all the student's packets up.  So Tuesday ladies got to make the coral version, and the Wednesday group used the Pear Pizzazz version.  From what I overheard, seems like everyone liked this card.  It was interesting having the front of the card trimmed at an angle with the solid color from the inside showing at the top. 

It looks very subtle, but the Stripes embossing on the Designer Paper adds a nice touch.  Just one more touch that adds up to make something really
special.
The last picture shows another version of this card.  I had just one more piece of Designer Paper left, so figured I might as well make another card to use it up.  As you can see, this one doesn't have the angled top on the card, but I added a couple of Subtles Brads to the top corner to make it look finished.  I also changed the flower to the lily from the same set.  Just gorgeous!  I have to say that coloring on the Watercolor Paper is fabulous!  You can move the color, darken and lighten it so easily.  Don't know why I always forget to grab it when I want to add a watercolored image.
Thanks for stopping by today to see what's new.  I'll have something else to post tomorrow too, so come on back.  Have a great weekend!  Hope the weather cooperates.  We're having a christening party on Sunday for our new grandson.  It would be nice to spend some time out of doors.  See you... Sharon  

No comments: