Friday, April 27, 2012

Nature Silhouettes

I don't have too many stamp sets that I would consider 'masculine'.  In fact I have almost none!  Oh dear!  So my sister came riding to the rescue!  She sent me a couple stamp sets more than a month ago and I was able to make a few cards while I had them.  Unfortunately, the Nature Silhouettes stamp set is on the retired list, so I needed to get them back to her so she could use them one more time in her classes.  So, this is the last one I'll be sharing with you.  If you like this set, you can still order it until May 31st.  After that, they'll be gone for good.

Stamps:  Nature Silhouettes, On Your Birthday
Cardstock: Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy, and Very Vanilla cs with Well Worn Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze and More Mustard pads, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, and Garden Green markers
Accessories:  1 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Metallic Brads, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, and Sponge Daubers
The images of the tree and grasses were all colored on the stamp with markers.  The leaves were colored on with More Mustard marker then tapped or thumped with the other markers to varigate the colors. 

The outside edges were all sponged with either More Mustard or Cajun Craze, or in some cases a mixture of both colors.

The sun was sponged on through a Post-It Note that had a 1 1/4" circle punched out of it.  For not making too many masculine cards, I think this one turned out nicely.  Not too girlyfied (is that a word?) and no ribbon or frou frou on the card.  That bit of scalloped border doesn't count, does it?  I love this DSP for manly cards.  The colors are dark and rich and go well with all those manly things!  At least, that's what I think!!

Thanks for stopping in today.  Have a great week, and find some time for stamping.  Sharon

No comments: