Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Card for Mom

Today's card is geared for Mother's Day.  Yeah, I know, it's a little early, but time seems to fly by.  So for me, this is the right time.  The card looks so bright and happy to me, so I thought it's be a good one to share with you all.
Stamps:  Loved Ones, Friendly Phrases
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, and Island Indigo cs with Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Old Olive pad and Island Indigo marker
Accessories:  Scallop Trim Border Punch, Decorative Label Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Rhinestones, and Dimensionals



The lines of this card are very clean and simple.  Not too much going on, but still enough interest to catch your eye.  Lately I've been having fun adding the linework to emphsize the shape of this stamp with markers is a contrasting color.  Somewhere in my high school art classes I remember some rule about using colors in three places to make it work.  If that's the case, I guess I have a problem, 'cuz there's only 2 places with the Island Indigo.  But it was the perfect solution to make the card pop.  It was just too bland without that added color. 
Hope you enjoy this idea.  It's pretty and simple.  Two good reasons to give it a try.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a lovely week!  Sharon

No comments: