Thursday, April 5, 2012

Easter Basket Card

Have you seen the cute punchie basket card that looks so real? I just love all the texture it has, but it's so easy to make. Just get out your Big Shot and a few dies and punches and you're done. What could be quicker than that? Here's what it looks like when I made it...


Stamps: Solid Stripes, Fine Flourish, and Dot,Dot,Dot
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink, Bashful Blue, and So Saffron
Ink: Regal Rose, Peach Parfait, Marina Mist, and Crumb Cake
Accessories: Big Shot with Scallop Oval Frame Die, Tasteful Trim Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Extra Large Oval Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Baja Breeze Seam Binding Ribbon, Dazzling Details, Paper Snips, Sponge, and Mini Glue Dots

Whew, lots of little goodies went into making this awesome piece of punch art. But all of the items together add up to a card with lots of texture and layers for a child to touch. The components of the basket are all sponged to make the details stand out. The stamping on the eggs was added to give them more appeal. I originally tried punching DSP for the eggs, but didn't like it as well. Give it a try and see which way you prefer your eggs!

This is my grandson's card for Easter. I hope he likes it, because it was made specially for him! I don't know though - he might still be too young to care about baskets and eggs at all. We'll see. Hope your week is going great. Did some grocery shopping so I'm all set to do some cooking on Saturday for Easter dinner at my sister's house. It'll be nice getting together for the day with her, and our kids will all be there too. I'll try to get another post in before Sunday, but don't hold your breath, okay? Sharon

No comments: