Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Textured Birthday Card

Today I have another idea from my sister Connie Seifert.  She has awesome ideas and is much more of an artist than I ever could be.  That's why I like stamping so much!  I can't draw a straight line very well, but I can stamp up a storm when I have the time.  So, this is her basic idea that I changed up just a bit.  The ladies in class this month could make either a Mother's Day card or this birthday version.

Stamps:  Sincere Salutations, and On Your Birthday (Mom's Day used Loved Ones set)
Cardstock:  Wisteria Wonder, Pool Party, Very Vanilla, and Perfect Plum
Ink:  Perfect Plum and Pool Party
Accessories:  Big Shot with Square Lattice and Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folders, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 2 3/8" and 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punches, Basic Rhinestones, 2-Way Glue Pen and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Sponge Dauber, Mini Glue Dots, Multi-Purpose Glue, and Dimensionals

This card has so many different textures on it that your fingers just itch to touch it!  I punched the scallop circles out of the Very Vanilla cardstock layer before embossing it to get a nice clean edge.  Since we had these lovely scalloped circles, we had to put them to use, right?  So the sentiments inside the card were stamped on them and sponged before attaching.  Doesn't that make the inside of the card more appealing and now it matches the outside better too.

I found that it was much easier to attach the two layers of embossed cardstock together by using the Multi-Purpose Glue.  It holds together very nicely and didn't squash any of the embossing that can flatten if alot of pressure from adhesives is applied.  

Hope you like the ideas shared here.  Hopefully there will be more where this one came from soon.  Have a great day!  Sharon 



No comments: