Sunday, July 29, 2012

Fancy Favor Butterflies

I needed a little something real quick this afternoon, so I took a peek at Stampin' Connection (which is a sight just for demonstrators) to get a cute idea.  Right away I saw the perfect little gift holder that Susan Haddad had made.  Of course I didn't have everything to copy it outright, so I used what I had and got it made in no time at all.  Want to see what I made?  Here it is...
Stamps:  none
Ink:  none
Paper:  Twitterpated DSP, Neutrals Collection DSP Stack, Basic Gray, and Rich Razzleberry
Accessories:   Big Shot with Chevron Embossing Folder, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Blossom Punch, Elegant Butterfly Punch, Lucky Limeade Ruffled Ribbon, Brights Glimmer Brads, Sticky Strip, and Dimensionals
I can't imagine what I'd do without my Big Shot.  It was used for three different applications on this one project alone!  From die-cutting the favor box, to embossing it, to using an embosslit to both cut and emboss the larger butterfly.  It's such a versatile tool and, in my humble opinion, everybody needs one!  But like I said, that's just my opinion.

I love all the textures and layers on this little bag/box.  (What do you call these little containers anyway??)  All of the flower and butterfly layers have been slightly curled with a bone folder to give them some extra dimension.  And with adding Dimensionals under the butterflies and under the flower too, there's lots of 'pop' to this. 

The colors are a bit darker than I would normally reach for, but the goodies in the container are some lovely Raspberry & Dark Chocolate M&M's.  Or should I just say mmmmmmmmm's.  Yes, they are yummy, and you know stamping goes great with chocolate!  Ok, that's it for today.  Again thanks to Susan Haddad for a great idea.  I'm so glad I found your original to get me started today.   Sharon

No comments: