Thursday, July 12, 2012

Reason to Smile in B&W

Don't you just love this wonderful stamp set - Reason To Smile?  I've been having fun playing with it while it's still available.  Yes, you can get this set for only $5 when you place an order for $50 or more.  But you can only get it during the month of July!  So if you're interested, you'd better hop on it now!!  Anyway, back to the card I have to share today.  One of my favorite color combos is any pop of color with a basic black and white card.  That's what I have for you today.  Hope you like it...

Stamps:  Reason To Smile and Wacky Wishes(hostess)
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Real Red, and Whisper White
Ink:  Basic Black and Real Red
Accessories:   Big Shot with Apothecary Accents Framelits, Bitty Buttons, Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, and Paper Snips
Did you notice how the die-cut tag was only partially used?  I cut off the other 'bump out' to have a straight edge.  And since there isn't another framelit to make a nicely framed layer, I just traced the outside of the framelit, cut it out, and made my own.  Great idea, right?

I wanted to add just a smidgen of red to the accent and realized the Baker's Twine would work out quite nicely.  I used Real Red ink to stamp a sentiment inside the card and added a few more daisies in the corner to finish it off. 

This was a really quick card to make, but I love how classy it looks.  And right now, any card that is quick gets my vote.   See you soon, Sharon

No comments: