Monday, July 2, 2012

Catalog CASE

Sometimes my Hostess Club ladies convince me to use a catalog sample for one of the projects they make when we get together.  This was one of those months.  On page 74 of the new catalog is a cute partial card.  So it was up to me to make my version of what is shown.  So that's the starting point, and we go from there.  Here's what I came up with...

Stamps:  Language of Friendship and Petite Pairs
Cardstock:  Naturals Ivory,Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral, and Baja Breeze
Ink:  Early Espresso
Accessories:   Big Shot with Manhattan Flower Emb. Folder, Bird Builder Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Pearl Basic Jewels, Jet Black Jewel(ret), and Dimensionals
Since only a small portion of the card actually is shown in the catalog, I definitely took a few liberties with it.  I really liked the retired jet jewel added to the bird's eye.  It really makes it stand out.  Also I changed the sentiment on my card, but the ladies had a choice of wording to use.  I also chose a lighter card base to make it come together.  So that's my take on one of SU!'s fabulous samples in our new catalog.  Why not try this idea yourself and see how you'd make one of the catalog samples your very own with a little tweaking here and there!

Happy stamping, Sharon

No comments: