Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pool Party Birthday

Actually, the Pool Party part is the color of the cardstock used, not an actual pool party. Of course, if the weather stays as wonderful as it's been lately (like in the 70's!), maybe it will be pool party time soon. Wouldn't that be just lovely?

Anyway, I was having trouble settling down to get anything done today so I thought I'd check out some blogs I haven't looked at in months. The first one I checked is by Wendy Janson here, and she had a wonderful spring-inspired birthday card. Well, I fell right in love with the colors used, the layout, the whole kit and kaboodle. So what else is there to do but CASE it?! So that's exactly what I did. Here's my version of her card. There are a few changes to use the supplies I had on hand. But the look is all hers - thanks Wendy for the lovely inspiration!


Stamps: Happiest Birthday and Create A Cupcake

Cardstock: Whisper White, Pool Party, So Saffron

Ink: Pool Party ink and Pool Party, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron Markers

Accessories: Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Subtles Buttons, White Bakers Twine, So Saffron Striped Ribbon (ret), Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals


So simple, but so pretty and spring-like. And I needed a fun birthday card this week for my friend, so it was perfect. These colors all work together so nicely, the card almost makes itself! Give it a try and let me know what you did. I love to hear from you.

Sharon

No comments: