Thursday, March 15, 2012

Motorcycle Mania

Who would have guessed that a card featuring motorcycles would be a hit at my classes? There were a couple of ladies that I knew would be happy with my choice of topic, but I wasn't too sure of the rest! I'd been putting off making a card with a masculine theme, but it was time to face the challenge. My sister, Connie, came to the rescue by loaning me a couple of her stamps that fit the bill. I finally got around to using the motorcycle stamp (unfortunately it's already retired!)for the card, and it got rave reviews. Here's what the ladies made in class with it...

Stamps: Motorcycle (ret), Happiest Birthday Wishes, It's Your Birthday (ret), and Making Tracks Wheel (ret)
Cardstock: Naturals White, Basic Gray, and Real Red
Ink: Basic Black and Real Red
Accessories: Handle, Neutrals (black) Brads, Mat Pack and Piercing Tool, AquaPainter, Cutter Kit, and Dimensionals

Isn't this fun? The ladies weren't sure about wheeling on the tire tracks, but once they got started, they were on a roll! grin There were tire tracks inside the card, the front of the envelope and the back too. One lady actually put the tracks all over the front and back of the card base! She was definitely 'making tracks'!

I loved the idea of using the Cutter Kit to distress the edges of cardstock too. It just makes it look more 'manly' with the roughed up cardstock, don't you think? And the bits of red makes it go from dull to 'zing'!


Thank you, Connie, for sending me this stamp to play with. It's wasn't the one that I had originally planned to use for class, but it worked out just perfectly. If you need the stamp back anytime soon, let me know. Otherwise I might be using this again a few more times. (And I haven't even gotten to the other stamps you sent me yet! Time to get stamping!)

Thanks for stopping by today for the latest card installment. Sorry so much of it is retired, but it was fun playing with some oldies. Now I wish I had ordered this stamp. Oh well, no matter how much I'd like to have it all, I just can't!! Thanks for sharing any comments you might have. I'd love to hear from you. Sharon

No comments: