Monday, March 12, 2012

Butterflies Three

I really like the Kindness Matters stamp set and was thrilled to be able to get it free because of Sale-a-bration. (only 19 days left to get yours free too!) Now that I have the set, I was drawing a blank on what I wanted to make with it. I was hoping to come up with a sketch for using the set on the Stamping 411, but instead found a card to CASE from Patti Chesney here I made a few subtle changes, just minor tweaks, but not many 'cuz I loved the card just the way it was! Thanks for the lovely card idea Patti!!

Stamps: Kindness Matters
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait, Pool Party, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla with Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Crumb Cake, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Pool Party
Accessories: Big Shot with Square Lattice Embossing Folder, AquaPainter, Peach Parfait Poly Stitched Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals


This card looks fairly straightforward when you first look at it, but it sure has a lot going on when you investigate further. The strip of Twitterpated DSP was adhered to the cardstock before it was embossed with the Big Shot. Then I inked it with the direct-to-paper technique. This gives it a whole lot more interest very quickly. The Pool Party layer was scrunched and distressed to add interest also.

The butterflies were watercolored with ink to get the lovely, soft colors. The whole card is a mixture of soft with lots of texture. Hope you like this idea. It's really a wonderful card and again, thanks Patti for the lovely idea. Sharon

No comments: