Sunday, January 8, 2012

Valentine Madness

Where does the time go? Seems like I just finished making all my last minute Christmas gifts and now I'm going full tilt towards Valentine's Day. Whew! It's just been a whirlwind around here. Last week I had a full crew at church making cards for our soldiers. We were able to finish almost 150 cards that night. Since that project is behind me, I've been focusing on what the class projects will be this week. The first one I'm sharing is a rather clean and classic looking card. Hope you like it.
Stamps: Sweetheart, You Are Loved (just retired), and Lighthearted (just retired)
Cardstock: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, and Real Red
Ink: Real Red
Accesssories: Big Shot with Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and the Scallop Squares Duo Bigz Die. Ticket Corner Punch, Full Heart Punch, Real Red 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals


Ok, I know there isn't any new stuff from the new mini catalog here, but I guess I wasn't thinking correctly before Christmas. I was so excited to get beyond Christmas and to use the Valentine stamps from the Holiday Mini (that's retired now, thank you very much), that I wasn't watching the dates properly. Good grief, did I really do that?? So my ideas sort of went down the drain. Except for this one. I just had to still do this one because I like the classic look so much. Of course, it would be easy to change the wording on this card to make it a wedding or anniversary card too.

Well that's it for tonight. I'll have another class project to share with you tomorrow. Hope you come back for that. Have a great week... Sharon

No comments: