Monday, January 30, 2012

Floral Birthday Card

Well, the little one is down for a nap so I came down to quick get a load of laundry started. And while I'm getting a break, thought it was time to get another card posted. So here I am! I have to explain that I'm having a real problem leaving the new Framelits dies alone. Seems like I'm grabbing for one of them each time I plan a card. Hope you're not tired of them yet. Here goes the latest version in probably a long line of them...

Stamps: Apothecary Art, Loving Thoughts
Cardstock: Pink Pirouette, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White with 2011-2013 In Color Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Cherry Cobbler, Pear Pizzazz, and Wisteria Wonder
Accessories: Big Shot with Labels Collection Framelits Dies, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, AquaPainter, and Dimensionals

Even though this card uses the same stamp set and Framelits Die set as the card I posted yesterday, I think it looks very different. Actually this one is much more my style of clean lines and simplicity. I love the look of the punched lace strip across the card instead of ribbon as usual. And instead of stamping the sentiment directly onto the image, I stamped it on a skinny strip of pink cardstock, trimmed up the ends, and attached it over the image with Dimensionals. I used the Wisteria Wonder to stamp the sentiment so it would give a softer look than using black.

It always pleasantly surprises me what a lovely color you can get when using our Regals ink pads for watercoloring. This time I used Cherry Cobbler to get soft shades of pink and rose for the flowers. Yes, I just love this whole look and our new Apothecary Art set and Labels Collection Framelits! Maybe I'll try to use something else tomorrow if I get a chance to stamp. I'll work on that (grin)!

Thanks for stopping by for a peek. Have a wonderful day. Sharon

No comments: