Saturday, January 28, 2012

Dove Easter Card

I had some time to do a little stamping today. Actually I've been working on samples to take to a workshop on Monday and just playing around with some new stamps I have. What could be more fun on a Saturday afternoon? The card today is clean and simple, but I love the look and colors. Hope you like it too!
Stamps: Easter Dove
Cardstock: Whisper White, Calypso Coral, and Certainly Celery cs with Everyday Enchantment Designer Series Paper (SAB)
Ink: Marina Mist, Calypso Coral
Accessories: Big Shot with Labels Collection Framelits, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Floral Fusion Sizzlits, Sponge Dauber, Basic Pearls, Mini Glue Dots, and Dimensionals

First of all, I love this new Everyday Enchantment DSP!! And it's free during Sale-a-bration. Which, I guess, makes it even better! The colors and prints are so lovely I just want to eat 'em up. Oh, so yummy!! Ok, sorry. Was that over the top a bit?? Let's get back to the card here. This card is a mixture of soft, pretty colors and textures. Not all of the colors I chose were part of the striped DSP strip, but they worked well together anyway. It's not always necessary to use the colors that are 'supposed' to work with any of the printed papers, but try other colors and branch out with your creativity. You never know what fun combinations you might find.

Instead of my usual squared-up layering on the focal point of the card, I used the new Labels Collection Framelits from the current Occasions Mini Catalog. I'm so happy we now carry nesting dies that are so very easy to use. Hurray!

I love the added flower on the card. It looks like many layers of cardstock, but it's only two. I distressed the two pieces of flower with a bone folder and fingernails until I could peel away another layer. Thus four layers from only 2 flowers. Adding more texture without a lot of heaviness here. The pearl was the perfect finishing touch.

Hope you enjoy this card idea. It really gets me in the mood for spring. Sharon

No comments: