Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Truckload of Hearts

Hey, I'm back! Can you believe it - three days in a row! Alright, the class has finished for the night, so it's time to get back to blogging. Today I want to share a new look for an old stamp set. Seems like I've had the set Loads of Love just about forever. It's always good for a more masculine take on Valentine's Day card, instead of all the lace, glitter and other frou frou stuff that my hubby doesn't care for at all. And I got out my trusty Pastels that I haven't used in ages. Seems like this was turning into an oldie, but I added a new twist with a strip of the new Twitterpated Designer Series Paper to give it a bit of a facelift.

Stamps: Loads of Love
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Gray, and Riding Hood Red with Twitterpated Designer Series Paper
Ink: Stazon Jet Black
Accessories: Stampin' Pastels, Basic Black Colored Pencil, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, and Dimensionals

Here's a closer look at the images. Loved how the print looks rather geometric and more masculine so I thought it would go nicely with the truck. I still might tuck in a stamped lady in the truck window from the coordinating stamp set. Just couldn't decide if I really wanted a person in the window or not.

Just a tip when using the Pastels, don't try to dig into the chalk and really load up on it to color. I tend to use surgical qtips for coloring with Pastels and always use a light touch. You can always add another layer or two of color if you want it more intense. On some of the hearts I added a second layer of Riding Hood Red chalk to make them stand out more.


Thanks for stopping by today. I plan to share another class project tomorrow if all goes well. Toodles, Sharon

No comments: