Saturday, January 21, 2012

Soaring Kites

Well, it's been awhile again, but I'm back. At least for today. We'll see how long that lasts this time around. Don't know why I keep getting sidetracked from posting, but it seems to be a real problem lately. Guess that should have been my new year's resolution - to post more regular. Of course, if it had been, I'd have really blown it by now! Ok, on with the card. I'm using a new stamp set from the current Occasions Mini Catalog. It's called Send Me Soaring, and it's a happy and fun little set with lots of kites and sentiments to go with them. Hope you like my first attempt with this set.

Stamps: Send me Soaring
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, and Whisper White along with strip of retired DSP
Ink: Rose Red, Wild Wasabi, and Night of Navy ink pads, and Certainly Celery, Rose Red, and Bashful Blue markers
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Bakers Twine, Sponge Dauber, and Dimensionals



I guess there's nothing totally spectacular about the card. It just makes be feel happy looking at it. On the Whisper White layer, I sponged on sections of Bashful Blue ink to give it a feel of sky and clouds. I thought about layering up each of the kites, but I ended up layering only the one to make it pop a little more.

Sorry I don't remember what the name of the DSP is. I had just one strip sitting on my worktable from all the cards we had made at the beginning of the month for our soldiers. I think it was the end of the package of whatever it was, so I just used it up. I love the addition of the Bakers Twine bow. I would have liked to put it on the kites, but it seemed waaaaay too big to use it that way.

Oh well, there you have it. What it took me all week to get around to. Let's see what I can manage this weekend! Have a wonderful and restful weekend. We're taking off for a winter potluck this afternoon, so I need to get going on some cooking to take along! Hugs, Sharon

No comments: