Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pines and Poinsettias

Where does the time go? I can't believe how I'm getting farther and farther behind already this month! Sometimes I think extra days slide by when I go to sleep at night and when I wake up it's three days later or something like that. It couldn't possibly be that I'm just unorganized and things all start ganging up on me. Or maybe I just get myself involved in too many things. Whatever it is, I'm way behind the eight-ball already and it's only the 7th of December. I think I'll be ready for Christmas sometime mid-January if that's all right with you. Anyway, I do have a card to share with you today. It was made a couple weeks ago, just not posted yet. It uses both the Pines and Poinsettias stamp set and coordinating Holly Berry Bouquet DSP which I just love!
Stamps: Pines and Poinsettias, and Petite Pairs
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Whisper White with Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper
Ink: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, and Early Espresso markers
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Large and Extra Large Tag Punches, Oval and Scallop Oval Punches, Simply Scored Tool, 1/16" Circle Punch, Linen Thread, Real Red Satin Ribbon, and Dimensionals

I had seen a couple similar cards on the Stampin' Connection (a sharing web sight for demonstrators). I sort of combined the ideas, but had to make a few changes as usual. Did you notice the grid-style of embossing on the Early Espresso layer on the left? It's done with the Simply Scored tool and is so very easy to do. But it adds so much texture to an area that looked a little bare. It was the perfect touch!

Next I have to mention how great this stamp set is! The elements all look so natural and nicely snow-covered without having to add anything extra to it. Of course, a little sprinkle of glitter to the 'snowy' areas would always work out nicely too.


Hope you enjoyed this idea and try it out for yourself. Thanks for stopping in and not giving up on me! Have a great day! Sharon

No comments: