Saturday, December 17, 2011

PPA Challenge 124A

Oh my goodness! Can you believe it? Two challenges completed in one week! I think it might be a minor miracle for me. I checked out the Pals Paper Arts Challenge for this week here and knew exactly what I could do with it. It all came together so fast I was surprised at myself. So here it is. Hope you like it...


Stamps: Greeting Card Kids

Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red, with Subtles Designer Paper

Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red, Pear Pizzazz, and Blush Blossom

Accessories: Big Shot with Northern Frost Sizzlits Strip Die, Snow Burst Embossing Folder, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Aqua Painter, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Basic Rhinestones, and Dimensionals



I was going for a look of a frosty, wintery day, and I think it all worked out. Loved the pop of color the Riding Hood Red gives to the blue and white card. The pattern of the DSP and the lacy border mimic the snowflakes that are added. It's hard to see in the pics, but the Champagne Mist is touched on the star to give it a little shimmer.


That's it for today. I'm off to shop hop and have dinner with some of my good stamping friends. The weather looks perfect for our annual Christmas outing with just a sprinkling of teeny tiny flakes coming down. Hope you have a great day! Sharon

4 comments:

Mary said...

I just Love,Love,Love your Greeting Card Kids Card! Wonderful! I have a question: I have the Subtles Designer Paper but that pattern is not in it... perhaps did you use a different DP than the Subtles DP Pack?
Thanks, It's beautiful!
Mary

Sharon Carr said...

Hi Mary, After checking my DSP stash, I realized I grabbed a retired print. So sorry it's not current. I sometimes forget which is which since they're all stored together. sharon

Nina Dee said...

Fabulous card! I love the color combination! :) Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Promosyon said...

Greeting card look really awesome.In that one child is also great look.I impress by this card.