I spent last Sunday afternoon working at a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Awareness. There was a luncheon and 10 stamping projects that the ladies made. Since holding classes on a regular basis, I've learned to cut a few extra cards to be ready for those really bad 'oops moments'. So I had extra cardstock, ribbon, etc. cut and ready to go that wasn't used. Might as well make them up for some of my Christmas cards, right? And here I go again... I even made changes to the card the ladies made at the event!
Stamps: Bells & Boughs, and Peaceful Season(retired)
Cardstock: Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, and Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler
Accessories: AquaPainter, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Victoria Crochet Trim, Mini Glue Dots, and non-SU! ribbon
Let me just say, I loved making these cards! But after watercoloring all the holly on 12 cards, I had had enough. I think they look fabulous and I'm really happy I made them, but I'm done with them for awhile. I deliberately left the edges on alot of the holly with no green to remind me of the holly plant my mom had. Of course the greens are darker on the real holly, but this worked out just fine. I also thought about glitzing it up with some glitter, then decided I really liked it as it was.
So that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by. I'll be posting more Christmas cards as they're made. I usually only make 10-12 of any one version of card. Not sure why, but that's how I do it. So that means there should be a few more Christmas card posts pretty soon, or I'll be sending my cards out 2 days before Christmas again this year! Have a great day.... Sharon